Make ups are good and they make us look beautiful however, bad application of make ups will result into something you won’t like. Bad make up skills can terribly ruin your character and the perception that people had towards you. However, if make ups are used properly they can help draw attention to our positive features and help us in creating our best version of ourselves. There are 10 make up mistakes that are terribly ruining your beauty outlook.
1. No Eyebrows! We lose the emotional expression of the face when there are no eyebrows. Eyebrows are very important. They make your beauty complete. Many people especially women make that mistake of shaving all eyebrows. Eyebrows only need to be trimmed well. Eyebrows are a snse of pride and love.
2. Using Black pencil eyeliner inside of the lower lash line. It makes the eyes look smaller on stage. Even though this can be a great use of makeup for TV, fashion shows, print ads, and in person it is not effective for stage performances.
3. Black liner under eye and too far in to the inner corner. It gives the eye a very rounded shape (we want a more almond shape) and can sometimes give the appearance of the dancer being “cross-eyed”.
4. The darkest eye shadow contour color that is too close to the nose and too high on the crease of the eye. WHY? It takes all of the emotion out of the eyes. It gives the look of big black holes. For this reason the “Smokey-eyed look” does not work well on stage performances.
5. No foundation worn for stage performances. Makeup that is worn without a foundation looks blotchy when you get sweaty and when doing a touch-up.
6. Wearing false lashes that are either too big or too thick. Since stage lighting come down from the top, large lashes form a shadow under the eyes. This makes your eyes look closed, sleepy, or heavy.
7. Incorrect makeup colors used for stage makeup. Just because we see a look on TV, does not mean that it will work for stage. When makeup is done for TV, colors can match costumes, be more subtle and more “fashionable” in style. For stage, our main purpose is to make sure the facial features can be seen and the dancer looks beautiful under intense stage lighting.
8. A sharp line for blush or too much blush. Too much blush or a sharp line can make performers look harsh or old.
9. Using too much glitter. When you use glitter is on every part of your face, body, and costume it is very distracting to the audience and judges.
10. Needing more makeup. strength of stage lightsand distance from the performer to the audience may tempt you to apply more make ups which is a big mistake toward your beauty outlook.
Our overall beauty does not only mean a lot to us but also to the general public and the perception that people have toward us. It is important to observe the rules of beauty and make ups. Always try your very best to apply makes ups in the right way lest you lose your trust and good reputation.